Monday, May 10, 2010

When our family left home for their future. life.

Time seems to pass quickly when the family start to leave home to make their own living. We first went through a hard time for the three foster family. Their father Jack was working as a
Welder in a mine in northern Manitoba. He was down in the mine welding on a repair job when some one at the controls accidentally hit a wrong switch & Jack was killed. This was very hard on all his children. His father & brothers & sister lived near by so many were effected. There was a large funeral to which we took the children. Lynne (Jackie)was very upset as she was the eldest & only girl in the family. She was moved to a different foster home, but we continued keeping in touch. Tim became restless & wasn't doing as well in school, Kevin seemed more settled, but their aunt Barb Paterson wanted to keep the family together so it was decided that the aunt who lived in the Stated who had taken the youngest, Bradley,would take Tim & Kevin. The move seemed to help with their the death of their father. We kept in touch through Barb Paterson.
There were other hard happening in our family. While the Campbell family were still with us
We had all gone to my brother Cliff Lincoln's for Christmas day in Regina, Sask.I have pictures of that good time we had together that year. Then another year the Campbell children spent Christmas's with some of their family & we drove to Alberta to spend Christmas with my sister
Clara & Ernie Siggelkow. She was to have a operation in January. Ernie's & Clara were pastoring a church in High River AB. My brother Cliff also came to have Christmas & my youngest brother Ralph came from B.C. We decided to have a family picture taken, the first for our family. Mother wasn't to well & we were all together , each of us lived in different Provence's Max & I lived in Man. Cliff in Sask, Clara in AB & Ralph lived in Vernon B.C.
We hadn't gone far when I noticed we had forgotten something. We went back & Clara came to the door with it. We said a loving goodbye as I said we would be praying for her, this the last living memory I have of my sister. The middle of Jan she passed away, a Dr mistake , he left her to bleed to death. The end of January my brother Cliff phoned me inform me of her passing. Clara & Ernie also had a family of three foster children. Max & I took Gail and drove to Regina, where we went with Cliff & Nell to attend her funeral. Her funeral was very large as Ernie's large family & our family all attended.It was a cold dull day as she was layed to rest in the High River grave site. Mother had been placed senior's home while while Clara was having her operation, Ernie had her back to his home, but their foster children had to be placed in new homes.
Max & Gail went home & I stayed to be with Sharon who was home from Nurse's training to
help her father, I believe I went back home by bus. Doug was to leave for Eston Bible school
when it next term was to start. Carolyn still had her grade twelve to take so Ernie's large family now was just himself & youngest daughter Carloyn. & his ill mother in law, who was ill.
Hilda Muller & her sister of the Paoc church had worked together with Ernie & Clara for childrens camps in northern AB, Hilda & her sister Minnie attended my sisters funeral. My brother in law was having single ladies in the church taking great interest in him .He decides he would pick his own choice of a wife ,with Gods guidance.
After dating Hilda that summer & then talkes with his family & a letter to mother & all Clara's family, Ernie & Hilda set a date to be married that fall in Edm AB, where she lived. Harry & Cecile Johnson drove mother& our family to their wedding. The newly weds continue the ministery at High River AB until Carolyn left for Bible school in Eston Sask.




.

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Annie, thanks for taking the time to write down all your memories and family history. It's been nice to hear stories about my Great Grandma Clara because I've always wished that I would have known her, and now in a sense I kind of do. Love from Breanna Janzen

    ReplyDelete