Saturday, May 29, 2010

Our trip to Florida

We would now have time to travel , we were having a sale of farm machinery Max had decided it was time to sell our out dated machinery after I could had been hurt.I was on our older tractor pulling the baler as Max was hauling the bales into the barn yard.The power take off
broke & I had to stand up to avoid being hit.I had quite a time keeping my foot on the clutch to stop the tractor. Max heard the noise & rushed out to help, afraid I would be badly hurt,
or even killed. I was shaken but OK. Max stated that now was the time to have a farm sale to get rid of our out dated farm equipment. Our sale was the last sale of the older farm equipment as other farmers were buying bigger & better farm equipment.
I had a habit of keeping in touch with my relatives in USA.We got a phone call from my cousin Ralph Gay in Illinois.He was telling me that he & his wife had just gotten over a bad flu & why didn't Max & I come down & take them to Florida to the area where they had gone for several years. I just handed the phone to for Max to give him the answer. I was so surprised when Max said we would see if we could get a neighbor to look after our few cattle we still had. Marvin who lived on the next farm agreed to do that for us so we were off for our trip to the sunny south.
We drove to my cousins & picked them up.Ralph & Lottie Gay had two of a family, a son Clarence & a daughter Clara so stopped to see them both on our way down. Ralph & Lottie had farmed in Canada before returning to the States. Years before, Cecile & Harry Johnson & the Pritchard's & I went to these services have church services in a country school house near Milestone & their family had accepted Jesus as savior at that time. Clarence & Clara were both married so Clara & her husband had 2 daughters & they traveled as a singing family in many churches in the States.Both of their daughters married Minister's & were pastering in different churchs in the USA.
It was good to meet their family on our way to Orlando Florida. We rented a trailer with my cousins in a trailer park & spent a month enjoying the warm weather.We saw many parts of this state & met another cousin further south. We enjoyed a trip on a glass bottom boat, see many kinds go fish in the sea world. We went through the Ford muesum & also visited Diseny land in that state. We returned in early March, leaving Ralph & Lottie Gay to their home in Illinios. When we arrived at our home at Oak Lake Man, it was still mid winter own farm yard was
filled with deep banks of snow drifts espectally in the barn yard so it wasn't easy to get to the barn to look after the cattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment