Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More of our family leave home to earn their living.

I will now go back to when Gary finished high school with a very good marks & his principal recommended for him to attend university but we were not financially able to pay the entrance
cost. Gary really only wanted to go get a job in Brandon to earn his own money.He decided to take a drafting course. He was accepted & we found a boarding place with a widow & took his course & got a job. His friend Harvey Paterson rented a apartment started house keeping on his own. Barb & I would supply them with our farm produce ,when they came out on week ends. They often stayed in the city & attended church at Bethel Temple in Brandon.
He later was moved to a job in Medicine Hat but only for a short time. Gary had met his future
partner for life at Bethel Temple, Shirley Kipling . They were married in this church before his job made it necessary for them to moved to Wpg Man. When I cooked at camp Jim Mickie was one of my helpers in the kitchen, so when he found out Gary & Shirley were coming to his city
he welcomed them to Grace Gospel church in Wpg & they became close friends .Jim also was married to a Shirley also . These couples became close friends for many years.
It was when I had returned from my trip to visit America to visit several of my mothers family which Mel , Max cousin told us of a special on air travel for 100 dollars to visit America. Max sent me on this trip after my mother passed away for she had lived with us for seven years
after my sisters Clara had passed away.I flew to visit all my cousins in the mid states & also to my cousin Betty in New York city & they drove me down town through the business area.
Our first grand child arrived just shorly before I arrived home. I was asked to come to help out after Shirl was home with their son Darin Christopher who arrived Feb 19,1976.
Gail graduated from high school then she spent a year at Eston Bible College. That spring after her return home, Gail needed a job. I knew that my sisters girls,Sharon & Darla had gone to Banff for their first jobs. Ernie knew the Nudd brothers who hired girls from the church for the summer months. I contacted them as I knew their daughter from my Bible school days ,Grace Nudd had attended that year.
Gail had a friend from her Bible school year, Carol Robenson .Gail & her friends rented a place in Banff & worked there for several years.When Colleen graduated she need a job so moved to Banff to room with Gail & the girls . Both Girls worked in Banff there for several years, in face Colleen married Ed Ram so she has made her perment home in Banff.

No comments:

Post a Comment